...ontheroad

I'm not bräve, just naïve...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Introducing... er, what's his name?

My new job brought me more than just a nice steady flow of cash... it also helped me get going on a strong idea for a graphic story that I'd toying around with. Like many, this idea started with a strong image; a single male figure in the metro during the rush hour, oblivious (like many people early in the morning) to everyone around him. This disconnection, perhaps alienation, continues through the day, and will become the central thread in a story that will include a certain element of alienation in an urban environment. The rest is still forming, but watch this space.

Incidentally, any similarlity with this fictional character and a real life English man who happens to have recently started commuting on the Montréal metro to a part time job in telephone based customer service should not be assumed. Any such coincidence is purely coincidental yadda yadda yadda...

And here he is... what looks like being one of the opening pairs of pages of what might well become a full mini-comic in the next couple of months. However, this gentleman needs a name, so I thought I would arouse some interest in the project and ask for your suggestions. There doesn't really have to be any meaning or relevance, I just need to give him a name, and I'd rather someone else did it. Click on the image for a larger version if you feel that will help you :)

*j*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was sitting in the car today, rolling back from Rivière-du-Loup to Montréal and watching the beautiful mountain skyline on the other side of St Lawrence, I thought: "Mmh, there is something about the name Sam that I really like." I think it's the fact that it could be a nickname for girls and boys. I particularly like the name when you pronounce it the French way.

I have no idea why I had to think of that name and why I thought about names in the first place. Maybe it was telepathy?

4:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JB had a look at him and he just said Frank to me or actually Francois but they call him frank cause they want to wind him up

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home