...ontheroad

I'm not bräve, just naïve...

Monday, August 01, 2005

a rendezvous in a ruined abbey

Happy birthday BMM... just back from a wonderful weekend in deepest Pembrokeshire, where I managed to travel all the way from Belfast (taxi, bus, plane, car etc) to Wales without a certain birthday girl twigging my plans. It was all made possible with the collusion of Bea's mum, and a couple of flights on Air Wales (this photo, incidentally, was taken on my way down, during the first flight I've taken when I've been facing backwards...)

Beatrice is in St. Dogmael's with her brother as part of the orchestra for the Oxford-based Abbey Player's annual Shakespeare production, set within the ruins of the abbey in this small village, about 1km from Cardigan. While I was there rehersals were in full swing for the four open air performances taking place later this week. Due to work commitments, I couldn't get there for the play itself :( but if you can make it between Wednesday 3 and Saturday 6 August 2005, I strongly recommend this year's production, which is Romeo and Juliet.

You can find out more about the production here.

*j*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home